- NTT DATA has partnered with route2work as its Women-in-Tech sponsor
- NTT DATA will fund 100% of a scholarship programme for 30 women to enrol in one of four digital skills academies
- NTT DATA and route2work will run four academies focused on providing students with core in-demand Microsoft skills
- route2work is committed to transforming the talent landscape by democratising access to opportunities in the tech industry
NTT DATA UK has announced a new partnership with route2work as part of its ongoing Diversity & Inclusion work to improve the number of women working in technology roles. route2work is a social impact business focused on getting undiscovered talent into work, or accelerating the careers of those already in employment, by offering world-class digitised educational content and career-based outcomes. The partnership will see NTT DATA UK fund 100% of a scholarship programme for 30 female candidates, enabling them to enrol onto one of four digital skills academies focused on in-demand Microsoft skills. The opportunity is subject to passing the relevant skills assessment and meeting enrolment criteria, but does not demand the traditional CVs and cover letters usually required by the industry.
Women are still notably under-represented in the tech industry compared to men. In the UK alone, the national tech workforce shows that women make up a mere 19% - this figure drops to 3% for black women and 5% for women of Asian descent. With the gender balance still so disproportionate within the sector, NTT DATA UK is committed to bridging the gap and finding ways to equalise opportunities for women in the world of tech and IT.
NTT DATA’s scholars will form part of the broader cohort of candidates, and join one of four route2work digital skills academies focused on key Microsoft skills:
- Microsoft Azure Cloud Engineer Programme
- Microsoft Data Engineer Programme
- Microsoft DevOps Programme
- Microsoft Power Platform Programme
In each academy, candidates will develop fundamental and practical skills, and have access to peer-to-peer learning and tutor support. Upon successful completion of the course, candidates will be invited to interview with NTT DATA and potentially begin their career in technology within the organisation.
Research has shown that 8 out of 10 British female millennials intentionally seek out employers with a proven track record of inclusion, equality and diversity. NTT DATA recognises the importance of attracting the workforce of the future. This latest partnership forms part of their wider commitment to ensuring equal opportunities for all and championing diversity across the industry.
Chris Peel, CEO of route2work Group, said: “NTT DATA’s sponsorship is a vital component in helping us to level the playing field and create more opportunities for women in tech. At route2work, we are passionate about getting talent into work and we need the support of businesses in order to make this dream a reality.”
Kate Daniels, Portfolio Director at NTT DATA UK, said: “It’s clear that overdue change is needed to make tech more inclusive and welcoming to women. For too long, businesses have relied on the same narrow pool of candidates, missing out the rich range of skills and perspectives that can only be provided by a diverse workforce. I am delighted to work with our partners at route2work on this journey, and I cannot wait to see this cohort develop and grow. The digital skills they will develop in the academies are in high demand from prospective employers, equipping this new, more diverse pool of individuals for future success in our industry.”
- Power Platform - https://thetrainingroompt.lpages.co/bootcamp-power-platform-women-in-tech/
- Azure Cloud - https://thetrainingroompt.lpages.co/bootcamp-azure-cloud-female/
- DevOps - https://thetrainingroompt.lpages.co/bootcamp-devops-women-in-tech/
- Data Engineer - https://thetrainingroompt.lpages.co/bootcamp-data-engineer-women-in-tech/